Ziva Dog Media devises and executes content marketing initiatives for businesses. Past experience with hundreds of websites and brands.
What is content marketing?
“Content marketing is a marketing technique of creating and distributing valuable, relevant and consistent content to attract and acquire a clearly defined audience – with the objective of driving profitable customer action.”
Content Marketing Institute™
Ziva Dog Media holds a slightly different view to the Content Marketing Institute™.
“Content marketing is characterised by an exchange between company and customer. Companies create and share content that customers find useful. As a result, customers take actions that fulfill business objectives, which may or may not include making a sale.”
Of course, the ultimate goal is increased profitability. No real argument there. However, for a given content marketing campaign the goal may not be to generate revenue, per se. It could be any of the following or something else entirely:
- Awareness of company and brand
- Knowledge of products and services
- Wider customer base
- Email subscriptions
- Newsletter sign-up
- Member sign-up
- Related sale
- Repeat sale
When devising a content marketing strategy it is very important to document the strategy and the precise aims for each part of it.
Content marketing IS online marketing
Every form of Internet marketing should have high quality relevant content at the core.
- Social media depends on sharing and promoting useful and informative content
- Search engines reward high quality content with higher rankings
- PR and brand marketing is more successful with consumer-oriented content
- Inbound marketing aligns content with customer interest and location and draws them to your business, service or product
- Outbound marketing is more effective with engaging content that motivates consumers to take the desired action
The Content Marketing Institute™ asserts that consumers successfully ignore traditional advertising including television, magazine and website banners, making them irrelevant. Content is the present and future of marketing.